Sunday, November 11, 2007

And in Sports



Yesterday Wofford claimed at least a share of the Southern Conference football title with a victory over Chattanooga and the automatic qualifier position from the Southern Conference for the FCS playoffs. Next Sunday afternoon (the 18th), the 16 playoff teams and schedule will be announced. It would be neat for Wofford to get a home game, but I don't know that will happen. The games start the Friday after Thanksgiving with the Championship game to be held December 14th.

Momma Deacon has agreed to preach for me (once) if Wofford makes the playoffs should I have to travel for a road game. Of course, with gas being $3 a gallon, I don't know how far I will go!
Maybe it will play out well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are in the playoffs and glad OL FU (not the obnoxious poster, the football team) could help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly hope that you can both preach and see the game!!!!!!!